Kickoff-QML and classic launcher

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 11:44:58 UTC 2011

On Saturday 31 December 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> that assumption seems weak and i have not seen evidence to back it.
>
> yes, people who like the classic menu are loud and provide feedback.
> however, it's usually of the overly aggressive "get off my lawn!" type and
> that leads me to believe it is not a mainstream need.
>
> looking at people's desktops as i travel from event to event around the
> world, it also seems that this is not a widely used option.
>
> as it completely violates the UI consistency, it should therefore be
> removed.

just for the record, while working on the qml widget explorer i had to improve
the Menu bindings, now a complete definition of a qmenu feeded by a model with
submenus is possible

btw, the fact that is aqmenu is a detail, with the design i have in mind when
using the mobile components the same applet would weirdly look like kickoff :p

so, a classic menu in qml would definitely be possible, i'm not really going
to do it, but if someone fancies trying, they're welcome :p

Cheers,
Marco Martin