First Experience With Activities

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Dec 28 19:14:33 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 02 Tevet 5772 19:36:29 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Can you please try to create a new user and see how many activities
> does he have by default?

A new user failed to come up.

My other existing users started out with later-version kde4--I was playing
with it since the very start, keeping them on kde3 until kde4 was stable.

Their logins have 6-7 activities, i.e. three "new activitiy"s and the
templates, desktop icons, photos, search, etc.

Why I had so many? My .kde was been through it all including crashes,
failures, loss of desktops, etc. Usually the thing healed itself after some
logins or, for example, I got my kmail, qjackctl and nut-monitor icons back on
my system tray after a plasma-desktop crash and restart.

The strip with all the activities, be they a handful or 20, is too big. And
now that I have removed all but the two I am using so far, I do not need the
whole screen width. Also, the meaning of the "transport" icons is not quite
clear-- suppose when there are applications, they start or stop them.