Kickoff-QML and classic launcher

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 24 02:29:19 UTC 2011

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it's really a horrible hack and i'd suggest getting rid of it. people can
> add the classic menu from the widget explorer like all the rest.

This is just going to make it much harder to switch to a menu people like me
can actually use. :-( Especially for people switching to Plasma from other
environments still using old-school menus, this will make it harder for them
to get started.

And I'm not at all convinced that a UI which replaces the entire panel with
a different template which happens to include a different menu is a good UI
to replace that.

I think it would be better to find a way to preserve the settings, such that
switching and switching back doesn't lead to reset settings. Removing the UI
is not a nice fix.

        Kevin Kofler