qtcomponents documentation

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Dec 22 09:57:04 UTC 2011

Hey,

On Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:14:58 Antonis Tsiapaliokas wrote:
> what i would like we end up with is auto generated html instead of copying
> and paste every single one in techbase ;)
>
> Hello, i have create an api tool for the components. You can download it
> from
> here http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Ftsiapaliokas%2Fqml-api.git&a=sum
> mary There is a "README" with instructions about how to use it,
> If you like my parser and you don't have problem with the fact that it
> is written in python, then i could add that feature and i will make it to
> use the same css and html that the api.kde.org is using so it will fit
> with the rest of KDE api. Regarding the performance issues, we can provide
> tarballs so you could download it on your hard driver and then you could
> open it with your favorite browser :)

I've not looked into it yet, but if you're looking for further inspiration, in
kdesdk/scripts/ you'll find a couple of interesting tools that also help
generating api docs. There's for example kdedoxyqt.sh which generates .qch
files that can be loaded into Qt Assistant (very convenient, all docs in one
place).

Allen Winter is the master of api docs (I've added him to the CC:), he might
have input here, too.

Thanks for your work on this!
--
sebas