QML Activity List

Luiz Romário Santana Rios luizromario at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 03:28:38 UTC 2011

Hello, list.

So, some time ago I started to try creating a list of the activities
in QML, using the org.kde.activities data engine. I achieved
something, but I had some problems and my idea was to make it a
PopupApplet, but it was broken in QML - and even in JS, I guess - at
the time. I tried to workaround it, but the result was rather ugly.
Some problems follow:

1 - As it's a regular applet trying to mimic a PopupApplet, it seems
out of place, as it occupies a bit more space than the needed for the
icon.
2 - The popup list with the activities appears anywhere except above the icon.
3 - The same popup list makes an entry in the taskbar.
4 - If I try to filter the sources in any way to show only the
activities, the list becomes empty; if I don't, a ghost entry,
corresponding to the source "Status", appears in the list.
5 - I don't know how to use the plasma style in the list, so the items
are ugly grey squares.
6 - I made the hover and click events change the colors of the items
in the list, to give them some hover effect, but the colors don't
change.

Anyway, it's been some time now that I made this applet, and I think I
should be using the Components by now, but I don't know where to start
or what to change in my applet and what is done wrong and right in it.
I don't know if I can send attachments to the list, so, since it's a
really small applet, I'm sending it via paste:

/
- metadata.desktop: http://paste.kde.org/175196/
- contents/
-- qml/