Breadcrumbs in Kickoff

Alexey Chernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:07:52 UTC 2011

On 20 дек 2011 19:31:06 Rick Stockton wrote:
> Alexey, you have two of KDE's smartest people (Aaron and Martin) in
> agreement that we probably want to provide this via the "Back" Button on
> the Mouse. (Less new code, less confusion, less maintenance headache.)
> That's the option on the table, with tentative "+1" assessments. Would
> that alternative be INADEQUATE, in a REALLY IMPORTANT way?
>
> If it's got a defect, I really don't see it. Please advise.

No, nothing against except that mouse buttons can be easily rearranged (for
instance, I have 'back' and 'forward' buttons on my mouse but arranged them as
'copy' and 'paste'). Anyway it's definitely better to have it if it's easy to
implement as you describe, so thank you for a good idea.

In my opinion, the main discussion here is around GUI elements and this
approach is quite similar to hotkeys, it's a little bit different story.