Breadcrumbs in Kickoff

Rick Stockton rickstockton at reno-computerhelp.com
Wed Dec 21 03:31:06 UTC 2011

On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, Alexey Chernov wrote:
> As to me, my solution is: keep both Back button and breadcrumbs. Here's my
> arguments:
> - no config and no tweaks required
> - users can use both ways
> - no redundancy or duplication as it's just two methods to reach the same
> result (there're thousands of examples with such implementations, e.g. same
> features in main menu, toolbar and context menus in one application)
> - minimum of code required
>
> I don't mean that it's a bad code or something and I respect all the efforts of
> Martin and whole Plasma team to improve navigation, to find some better
> decisions. But I think such a things should be discussed especially given a
> significant number of critical comments. If something was wrong I don't see any
> problems to solve it.
Alexey, you have two of KDE's smartest people (Aaron and Martin) in
agreement that we probably want to provide this via the "Back" Button on
the Mouse. (Less new code, less confusion, less maintenance headache.)
That's the option on the table, with tentative "+1" assessments. Would
that alternative be INADEQUATE, in a REALLY IMPORTANT way?

If it's got a defect, I really don't see it. Please advise.