Kickoff-QML and classic launcher

Shaun Reich shaun.reich at kdemail.net
Wed Dec 21 18:49:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> it's really a horrible hack and i'd suggest getting rid of it. people can add
> the classic menu from the widget explorer like all the rest.

Yes, was just going to suggest that. It'd be nice to have the code
split up too, where it can be, if it makes sense.

> in fact, since we had a thread about the scripting stuff here already, we could
> easily add a "Classic KDE" panel script option that creates a panel just like
> in KDE 3. heck, it could even change the desktop use icons only. this would be
> rather trivial to make happen for 4.9 .. thoughts?

Sounds perfect. I've seen a lot of users who prefer the "classic"
mimicking behavior of plasma, and changing folderview to classic mode
and menu to classic mode is basically the #1 request ;)

Removing the classic menu entirely would be baaaad idea, despite being
the "easier" :)

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)