Skrooge plasma dashboard: stuck with QML

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 23:25:46 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

I know you're in the process of updating the QML. Maybe some of my questions
will get their answers from there, or maybe they will help identifying where
some additional clarifications might be needed.

My code is in:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/office/skrooge/repository/show?rev=plasma-
dashboard
(in the plasma-dashboard branch)

The QML code that is the subject of this mail is in plugins/applet/advice-qml

I'm doing this in 4.7.90 (unstable archlinux packages)

1) widget size:
-------------------
even though I specified the widget size, if the dashboard contains only QML
widgets, they appear with a very small width:
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopVB1577.png
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopav1577.png

As soon as I add a C++ widget, the size is correctly computed:
http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopbb1577.png

If I remove the C++ widget, the size gets wrong again. Any idea what could be
the cause for this ?

2) PlasmaComponents.Label font size:
For some reason, the font size there is significantly larger than in basic QML
Text component. Any idea why ?

3) ListView highlight:
With the aforementionned code, I can't seem to get the expected behaviour on
highlighting items in the list. Any idea why ?

Thanks in advance for any help, and keep up the good work. I'm already hooked
at QML :)

Guillaume