bug killing

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Dec 3 18:29:36 UTC 2011

On Saturday, December 3, 2011 17:37:01 Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?=
wrote:
> On Saturday 03 December 2011 17:20:20 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 20, 2011 21:37:16 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > so .. 1700+ bugs. fun, huh? :)
> >
> > as an encouraging little update, thanks to everyone's combined efforts we
> > are now down to ~1270 reports. that's ~500 fewer than when i sent the
> > email
> > 2 weeks ago.
>
> I want that, too. And it's only 410 bugs and kwin is down to 0. So please

ehehe ;)

seriously: we should do a bug days for kwin too.. maybe in january? assuming
you need or could use the help for a good cleaning.

> Seriously: awesome job all of you. Keep that going. I'm pretty sure we can
> get plasma down to around 300 to 500 real bugs and that makes it managable.

agreed...

right now i'm looking at the 1000 mark as the next acheivable short-term goal.

btw.. did a quick LOC count the other day and plasma is shipping nearly 300k
LOC right now. that include Plasma Active, but not the applications, just the
actual plasma bits.

that doesn't include kwin, either, which itself is 92k+ LOC in kde-workspace.

dr. konqi makes reporting bugs amazingly easy and pleasant now as well...
given the feature-to-LOC ratio, it's quite evident why we have so many
reports.

but i'm quite enthused with how much progress was made in just 2 days (of
admiteedly abnormal levels of effort ;)

humru othro a kohnu se