ServiceJob binding in javascript not working in KDE 4.7?

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 08:26:18 UTC 2011

在 2011年8月20日 Saturday 10:14:41,Aaron J. Seigo 写道:
> On Saturday, August 20, 2011 13:47:21 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> > Hi Plasma World,
> > I'm trying to run this
>
> example:https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeexamples/repository/revisio
> ns/maste
> > r/entry/plasma/javascript/plasmoids/usingServices/
> > In spite of connectSource missing a time interval,
>
> the time interval is optional, and in this case it would even be incorrect
> to include a time interval. it is updated when the data in the DataEngine
> updates, which happens when the state of the media player changes. so there
> is no reason to have a time interval there.

Yes, I know it dataengine can push the value, but as far as I test this
example, without a time interval it will not get date update.

When I write my own dataengine and javascript plasmoid, I find the javascript
plasmoid get update only if I call checkForUpdates(), should I call this
function in data engine after setData()? I'm little confused here, because for
the previous QML test one, without checkForUpdates() the data will also get
updated immediately after dataengine updates it, I think setData() already can
trigger the update. Am I wrong or there is another bug in javascript binding?

> yes, this got broken (i think in 4.7). i'm not sure if this breakage was in
> our code or some change in Qt, but it no longer works, indeed. i've just
> fixed it for 4.7.1 and 4.8. sorry for the inconvenience :/
>
> we really need a comprehensive unit test set for the JS (and QML) bindings.
Thank you!