ServiceJob binding in javascript not working in KDE 4.7?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Aug 20 08:14:41 UTC 2011

example:https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeexamples/repository/revisions/maste
> r/entry/plasma/javascript/plasmoids/usingServices/
> In spite of connectSource missing a time interval,

the time interval is optional, and in this case it would even be incorrect to
include a time interval. it is updated when the data in the DataEngine
updates, which happens when the state of the media player changes. so there is
no reason to have a time interval there.

> but the service job seems also not works.

yes, this got broken (i think in 4.7). i'm not sure if this breakage was in
our code or some change in Qt, but it no longer works, indeed. i've just fixed
it for 4.7.1 and 4.8. sorry for the inconvenience :/

we really need a comprehensive unit test set for the JS (and QML) bindings.

humru othro a kohnu se