Regarding Plasma Activites file location!

karan pratap singh wizard.karan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:00:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 August 2011, karan pratap singh wrote:
> > Hi all :)
> >
> > I was wondering where does Plasma store all the details about a
> particular
> > activity?
> >
> > Are there separate files for each activity? or separate entries for each
> > activity in one single file?
> >
> > I ask this to allow Plasma Activity sharing and download from a teacher
> > server over the classroom network!
>
> widget specific stuff, plasma-desktop-appletsrc
> each activity in a different in [Containment] group.
>
> eventual associated nepomuk resources, in nepomuk (activities themselves
> are a
> nepomuk resource), window ids either just runtime or in xsmp sessions when
> stopped
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

So does this mean if I copy the activity details from the
plasma-desktop-appletsrc of the server and write them to the
plasma-desktop-appletsrc of the client desktop, and then restart
plasma-desktop , then the same activity will be started on the client
machine?

and also plasma-desktop-appletsrc contains a list of activities of only
those activities which are running on the server, but lets say I need to
access some activity, which is present on the server machine, but is not
running?

--
regards,
Karan Pratap Singh