plasmate:questions about coding

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 17:36:00 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, April 19, 2011 16:13:48 Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos wrote:
> -Is it possilbe technically to make plasmate share the same code as kate
> only for his editor part?

it already does.

> -where plasmate saves the projects?

`kde4-config --localprefix`/share/apps/plasmate/

> -Do we still want plasmate to support other languages except from QML?
> If yes,why?

i'm really on the fence with this one. the benefits of multiple languages is
increasing the possible audience; the benefits of just QML+Javascript is that
we can make parts of Plasmate simpler, both in the code and the UI.

> -From the TODO:Plasmoid previwer control buttons need proper icons and
> placement
>
> we have the proper icons but not the proper placement.

well, we have icons, but they aren't "proper", they are just reused icons for
other things. but they are 'good enough' for now.

> How would you like the placement to be done?

i'm not sure there's anything particularly wrong with them right now?

> -File list should be named otherwise if we want to make a menu with the
> files of the project.Do we want a menu with the files of the project?

a menu where, and for what?

> -Do we want plasmate to have the ability to change the editor?(I think that
> we do :))

it already can; that's done via the desktop-wide settings in system settings
for text editor :)

another source of TODO inspirations is to grep the code for "FIXME" and
"TODO". there are a fair number of them in there.

humru othro a kohnu se