plasmate:questions about coding

Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos terietor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:13:48 CEST 2011

hello,

In this thread we can put questions about plasmate's coding.

First of all,

here there is a TODO about plasmate

http://community.kde.org/Plasma/PlasMate

please fill in with any ideas that you may have.

In the TODO some things has already been done,we should keep the TODO up to
date either with marking as done or as strike out.
which one do you prefer and who is going to do it?(I would like to do it).

QUESTIONS:

-Is it possilbe technically to make plasmate share the same code as kate only
for his editor part?

-where plasmate saves the projects?

-Do we still want plasmate to support other languages except from QML?
If yes,why?

CODING:

-From the TODO:Plasmoid previwer control buttons need proper icons and
placement

we have the proper icons but not the proper placement.
How would you like the placement to be done?

-File list should be named otherwise if we want to make a menu with the files
of the project.Do we want a menu with the files of the project?

-Do we want plasmate to have the ability to change the editor?(I think that we
do :))

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas