plasmate's roadmap

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Apr 16 12:07:30 CEST 2011

Hey Aleix,

On Friday, April 15, 2011 15:55:22 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > ... and then still we probably want to move away from QWidget-based
> > dialogs in Active altogether.
> >
> > For Plasmate, QWidget-based UIs do not play a role, other than that it
> > will fall back to those where we're lacking suitable apps.
> >
> > More interesting would be to look at lighthouse, and Qt Creator for
> > parts
> > which would make hacking QML easier.

> I guess it would be good if we can integrate the tools to
> KDevelop/KDevPlatform somehow, as well.
>
> If we can help you in any way, maybe that would be interesting.

Yep, maybe we can sit together during BDS to talk about how and where kdevelop
are overlapping, and how we can join.

My gut feeling suggests that we'd be more likely to integrate kdevelop pieces
into Plasmate (but that's my biased POV probably), since Plasmate is very much
a workflow-driven tool, so for the purpose of plasmate, kdevelop's UI is
probably a bad choice. That's not a problem, just something we have to keep in
mind, Plasmate and KDevelop serve similar goals and target groups (maybe
comparable to Quanta vs. KDevelop).

In any case, sharing and collaboration is good. :)

sebas