plasma classroom

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 00:06:12 CEST 2010

On Monday, September 13, 2010, LucaTringali wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> yesterday took place a Plasma irc meeting.
> I was busy, so I want to say some words now,
> about Plasma Classroom: I think it's time to
> set up a folder on svn for this project. It could
> be created cloning the folder of plasma-desktop,
> so everyone could start writing code and discuss
> it with reviewboard.

i don't think we will need to touch plasma-desktop at all: we should be able
to do it all with just a set of Containments, DataEngines and Widgets. we can
get this started in playground/base/plasma/classroom .. in fact, i just made
the directory and a few of the basic subdirs, so we can get started :)

i'll try to work on the wiki page a bit to flesh out the design ideas we
discussed

> Another idea i had is to create a webpage from
> which teachers of all the world can submit
> suggestions for this project.

that would also be really great; setting up a community around this could be
key, and get an early-adopter / feedback community started would be excellent.

if a wiki would be enough, we can use community.kde.org/Plasma/Classroom as a
starting point, and populate it with more teacher-user oriented links and
info?

humru othro a kohnu se