today's meeting notes

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 13 18:01:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry I didn't attend, went house-hacking and had a birthday party last
weekend, didn't do much computer-stuff as a result. Let me add my plans
anyway.

On Monday, September 13, 2010 00:13:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> thanks to everyone who attended, here are notes from today's meeting on
> irc:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/20100912

Network Management:
- stable release within 1 or two months, further on from there (Lamarque is
  doing quite some work on mobile broadband stuff, really cool)

Email Notifier (Lion Mail's first release):
- nearly feature complete, will move to kdereview before 4.6 freeze

Battery:
- Could use an informational widget, just like NM's interface details. Maybe
even a nice task for a JJ, in any case probably a lot of fun to do, I might
just do it some night. :)

Webslice:
- Configuration needs usability love, other fixes (have to check w/ webkit
from Qt 4.7)

Desktop Search / Crystal:
- possibly ship
I've also one mostly finished desktop search applet there, it needs porting to
Nepomuk's new query API though. Right now it uses KIO nepomuksearch, works
quite OK in fact, and we can start doing fancy stuff with the display of
search results (it already shows excerpts from full text search, btw). More of
a fun project for me, though, but it happens to become stable and useful,
maybe a nice addition to kdeplasma-addons.

The above is also roughly my order of priority, so given limited time, items
lower in the list might not get a lot of TLC (or none).

sebas