Why rotate widgets?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Sep 9 13:42:44 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 16:57:29 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 September 2010 15:04:40 Giulio Camuffo wrote:
> > I really can't understand what's the problem here. If you don't want to
> > rotate your plasmoids, fine. But i really don't find why a tiny icon is
> > that a problem. Does it get in the way when you want to do something? no.
> > Is it broken? no. So what's the problem?
>
> I really don't like to repeat myself:
> The feature is (IMO) useless and adds clutter to the GUI and apparently I'm
> not the only  one who thinks this way.

Repeating it does not make your point any more (or less) valid, it just adds
noise to this discussion. (Just like this email.) You've made your point, if
there's nothing to add, that's fine, then, no? (You need to take into
consideration that other people work under different constraints, and that you
will not always get what you want -- no matter how often you repeat it. Accept
that others think differently about this, and given that these others are the
maintainers of Plasma, it'll stay. EOD.
--
sebas