Why rotate widgets?

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:39:28 CEST 2010

*shrug* if the major complaint is that it takes up space from the area that
can be used to drag the widget around, maybe one remedy might be to make the
minimum size of the bar bigger? Personally though I think there is plenty of
space - even when I shrink my widget to a dot approximately 30% of my bar is
empty and available for drag-moving.

It could hardly be said that the feature is useless if it is being used, and
it is. Right now mostly for aesthetic and fun reasons, probably, but the
utility of the feature should quickly increase as Plasma moves to form
factors like tablets. Personally I feel that as long as we are treating
plasmoids as objects of direct manipulation, the toolbar is a sensible and
natural place to place the rotate button.

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/