Why rotate widgets?

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:03:43 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 15:08:05 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 14:09:27 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 September 2010 12:54:50 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > > what forum please? 'once again'?
> >
> > This time http://www.osnews.com/thread?439532 but I've read this several
> > times already in  addition to my own feeling that this most useless
> > feature of all time should better go away.
>
> Reminds me a lot of http://xkcd.com/386/

Epic.

However, just to add some arguments. We recently removed from 4.5+ the CPU
governor feature from PowerDevil after a long discussion and very valid
technical reasons.

However, b.k.o is being filled daily with reports of people who don't find the
CPU governor no more, and despite giving out valid -technical- reasons for the
removal, some users are still unhappy. And you might concour setting the CPU
governor is not really what the average user does.

So what does this mean? Remove a feature and users will scream at you, do that
without giving a reasonable technical explaination and they'll eat you alive.
So no, I don't think there are the premises for removing the rotate button
(btw: I use it and most of my friends using KDE are).

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B