Why rotate widgets?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:15:09 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Markus Slopianka <markus.s at kdemail.net> wrote:
> Hi.
> I wonder why Plasma widgets in Plasma Desktop can be rotated. Why would anyone need
> individual widgets to be upside down? Isn't this one of those micro-options we once stated
> to get rid of?

I couldn't catch up with this thread and the other ones since i'm
travelling till the end of the week, but just a quick answer.

in general to remove a feature there must be a real good reason, like
complete unmaintainability.
we can't afford to remove random ones even if we think they don't make sense.
just see at a recent very bad review just for a slight behavour change
in folderview (not even a complete -removal-)

Cheers,
Marco Martin