Why rotate widgets?

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 15:24:19 CEST 2010

Regarding the rotate icon, perhaps making the arrow go just half a circle
round or less (and maybe add a dot in the middle) instead of a full round
like now might make it less reload-like? Just a thought. All reload buttons
I've seen are nearly full-circle, since it's supposed to suggest a cycle.
Rotation on the other hand I think becomes obvious as long as there is
enough arrow to show that it's going around a circle.

And I like the rotate feature. New users I've shown it to so far liked it
too. I think people like to tinker with things, as long as it doesn't get in
their way. My hunch is a good number of people will be unhappy if we took
off rotation.

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/