Why rotate widgets?

nuno pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue Sep 7 15:07:59 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 13:48:53 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010 12:11:52 nuno pinheiro wrote:
> > let me ask its the other way arround,  why not?
>
> "Because we can" is the worst possible reason for anything.
>
> > does it create visual cluter? no..

> Sure it does. Every additional button adds clutter, even if only by a small
> amount. Why a rotate button? Why not a "Mirror horizontally" button? Why
> not a transparency slider?

NO IT dosent, puting my designers hat. that tollbar is not clutered,
minimalist as i like to be but to much empty space is also bad. that toolbar
is clean and as just about the correct amount of butons.

> > on the plus side its a good marketing tool----- see i can rotate the
> > clock
> >
> > :) do that in windows will you...

>Reply:
>shrug "Why would I want to rotate a clock?"

Why woud i want to play tictack toe? Why woud i want place my windows in
difrent positions? Why woud i want this or that.
becouse its fun becaouse we can becouse we are not creating harmfull confusion
to the users.

we se say cluter specialy how aron was saying it was I think we mentioned the
way we have to hide usefull features in the mist of tons of uneeded ones.
in this case its 4 litle options, wich is not hiding in any way the other more
important options.

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"