KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/applets/systemtray/core

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 10:55:05 CET 2010

> basically the problem, that i partly agree on is this:
> regardless if it's single or multi line, horizontal or vertical,
> if the icon changes place when is notifying, it's like the mouse target
> moving and escaping
>
> brain is even too much good at remember spatially something, and becomes
> easy to keep clicking in the position the icon used to be, rather then the
> new one.

hmm. but.. they still don't necessarily stay in the same place, because other
icons can hide themselves...

I actually hadn't noticed that they move when wanting attention, I just have
this general confusion about where the one I want might be. :)

> now, this way as i said in the commit isn't good either since it relays
> only on the blinking/notifying look, *if any* (and here is the problem, is
> not guaranteed) to be distinguished...
> uhm, i'm even thinking about -duplicating- the notifying icon...
> but would be even worse...

duplicating sounds troublesome to me. I think it would look like a bug.

--
Chani
http://chani.ca