Icon overlays

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Thu Oct 28 00:51:33 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 00:30 +0200, Ingomar Wesp wrote:
> This sounds like you're not setting the executable bit on the .desktop file.
> If that's the problem, it should be easy to solve :)

Hrrm ... well now I'm confused. I have a folder view, and an icon it it
that started its life via "Link to Application". The
corresponding .desktop is executable, but when I now modify it to change
the icon I don't get the exclamation mark -- in fact, I get no change
until I hit F5.

But, aside from all this hackery, my main question is really whether
there is a dedicated API via dbus or some such for managing icon
overlays. :)

Christian