Application start animation

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:14:31 CEST 2010

On Sunday 24 October 2010, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've received a nice idea from a user, but I'm unsure how possible it is to
> implement.
>
> The idea is to have a visual clue from where the application is started -
> to expand it from the point of launch like we do for minimization and
> maximization of the windows.

adding cc to kwin, since is a thing that would be implemented there.

i think the only problem is (if i'm correct) that is not possible for kwin to
have the window pixmap before it's mapped. (same problem of sliding popup not
working the first time)
then setting the initial geometry for the effect sgouldn't be hard (provided
you can fetch some way the window id of the application you just started)

Cheers,
Marco Martin