digiclock looks

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 23:34:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, October 22, 2010 22:35:16 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>> > Is there any way to make it so themes can specify whether it embossed,
>> > sunken, or flush?  Some themes, like ASCII or ghost, would probably
>> > look better without the effect.
>>
>> Hm, yes probably.
>
> And with "yes probably", I mean that some themes might look better without it,
> but I'd rather have the default case done well and it look slightly alien on
> flat themes, than having it too flat in the default just so it looks good in
> ASCII -- optimize for the current case (in our case, the default). I think the
> ASCII theme, and other very flat ones are kind of corner cases.
>
> Doesn't mean it should be overdone, or that we can just ignore those themes,
> just that getting it better in the default theme is paramount.

I agree completely, that's why I suggested themes be able to specify
whether they want it or not (and whether it is embossed or recessed).
That way you can focus your attention on getting it working well for
the default themes, and in the rare cases where it makes things worse
the responsibility is on the theme developer to disable it.  For
legacy themes I agree the default should be to have it.  Just looking
through the themes I only see a handful that I think this might look
worse on.

-Todd