getting involved with plasma

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:42:47 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 20 October 2010, LucaTringali wrote:
> Hi Giorgios,happy to see you want to help. There are many ways you can help
> plasma developing:- Create plasmoids: plasmoid can be created using C++,
> Python, Ruby, Javascritpt. In thenext KDE version (4.6) it will be
> possible to create plasmoids with QML. If you want to create plasma
> widgets really nice in a easy way, I recomend you to learn QML: the Qtsite
> is really useful (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/gettingstartedqml.html),
> then you can see examples of QML plasmoids on SVN
> (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/plasma/kinetic-declarative/).

at the moment most are in playground/base/plasma/shells/mobile/applets, for
historical reasons (the ones in kinetic-declarative are a bit too outdated i
think)

i'll probably move some in kdeexamples.
btw, somebody that develops a quite complex applet in QML would be really
useful to hammer on problems that may still happen, he would just have to hve
some patience since it won't be everything perfect at the first try ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin