Default activities

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Oct 19 14:44:26 CEST 2010

Hi all,

> > > - Development: Kdevelop, Konqueror with api.kde.org open, Dolphin with
> > > kdesdk open
> Plasmoids: KDE Observatory
>
> > > - Internet: KMail, Konqueror/Rekonq, Akregator
> Plasmoids: LionMail, Calender
>
> > > - Photo: Digikam, Gwenview
> Plasmoids: Pictureframe with slideshow from Picture folder, do we something
> for flickr like pastebin?!?
>
> > > - Office: KWord, KSpread & KPresenter
> Plasmoids: Clipboard
>
> > > - Graphic: Krita, Gwenview, Ksnapshot
> Plasmoids: Pictureframe, ImagePaste, Colorselector
>
> > > - Multimedia (or Video and Music separate): Dragon Player, Amarok,
> > > (kaffeine), Kccd
> Plasmoids: Videoviewer, NowPlaying
>
> > > - Education: Marble, Parley, Cantor, KPotatoGuy
> Plasmoids: kdeedu plasmoids (kalzium, kalgebra, etc.)

There is (IMO) a problem with few of them (from the point of user activities opposed to widget groups) - at least with Internet and Multimedia
ones.

Whatever activity you're in - Work/Development/etc., it is most likely that you'll need internet/mail. And you're very likely to listen to music while
doing these things. So, they break the concept of one activity at a time.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against the idea or anything, just that a few things might need some more brainstorming.

Cheerio!

--
I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
  -- Marshall McLuhan