Bugs and aktivities

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:21:02 CEST 2010

On Friday 15 October 2010, Chani wrote:
> On October 14, 2010 18:46:49 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 14, 2010, Mario Fux wrote:
> > > I try to read kde-commits for several projects
> >
> > cool :)
> >
> > > +            path = d->findInTheme(svgName % QLatin1Char('z'), d-
> > >
> > > +            path = d->findInTheme(svgzName, d->fallbackThemes[i]);
> >
> > these two lines are equivalent. svgzName is svgName + 'z'.
> >
> > > Aaron wrote a blog post about activities in KDE and Gnome (which btw
> > > already has an article on the german pro-linux.de :-). There severel
> > > proposed to include some default activities.
> >
> > this could make sense ...
> >
> > of course, the question would be what should the default activities be.
>
> +1, I wonder if they could be plugins? (like the "default panel" template)
> :) then "what they should be" can be solved by teh interwebs ;) we could
> just provide a few, like 'games' and 'photos'... heck, maybe you don't

and those could have correctly styled icons btw ;)

> need to *start* applications, just put launcher icons for them on the
> desktop... then the activity template is just another plasma template :)
> and that's something we had planned but I only got halfway through it.

yeah, would be a containment template associated to an activity name, starting
application should not even be too hard.

for the applications to have already their own acrtivity related settings
sounds harder..  basically every application should already know the possible
set of acivity templates and already have ah hoc settings for them, ouch

cheers,
Marco Martin