Bugs and aktivities

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:53:37 CEST 2010

On October 14, 2010 18:46:49 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, October 14, 2010, Mario Fux wrote:
> > I try to read kde-commits for several projects
>
> cool :)
>
> > +            path = d->findInTheme(svgName % QLatin1Char('z'), d-
> >
> > +            path = d->findInTheme(svgzName, d->fallbackThemes[i]);
>
> these two lines are equivalent. svgzName is svgName + 'z'.
>
> > Aaron wrote a blog post about activities in KDE and Gnome (which btw
> > already has an article on the german pro-linux.de :-). There severel
> > proposed to include some default activities.
>
> this could make sense ...
>
> of course, the question would be what should the default activities be.

+1, I wonder if they could be plugins? (like the "default panel" template) :)
then "what they should be" can be solved by teh interwebs ;) we could just
provide a few, like 'games' and 'photos'... heck, maybe you don't need to
*start* applications, just put launcher icons for them on the desktop... then
the activity template is just another plasma template :) and that's something
we had planned but I only got halfway through it.

if you wanted something more complex in a template, like opening certain irc
channels, then... hrm. not sure how you'd do that. some nepomuk magic maybe?
if the application in question uses nepomuk. in fact, that seems like a use
case for why apps should store such things in nepomuk instead of in their
private config files :)

--
Chani
http://chani.ca