Move kdeplasma-addons to Git

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:02:36 CEST 2010

On Monday 11 October 2010, Artur de Souza wrote:
> Quoting Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
> > it would just be a bit more difficult to track eventual bugs on those
> > recent things: what would be the most recent/problematic ones?
>
> I didn't try one by one to track if there is any recent/problematic :)
> But most of the stuff in this module came from playground and we would
> need to track which ones actually were in playground, maybe kdereview,
> etc...

to me the problem is mostly those that came in in 4.5 - 4.6  but i don't
remember at the moment if there is any.
the other ones i think have enough history to track potential recently
inserted bugs.
as ivan said, the changes done in ancient history still have somewhat a
sentimental value ;) but practical not so much

> > i kinda remember there was some dscussion to move some of the addons
> > stuff in an extragear module (like very useful thinks, hello bouncyball
> > :p) if it's still the idea, how we would proceed with making the git
> > migration in the same time preferably?
>
> It would be good to move the whole kdeplasma-addons to git first, then
> do the move of these guys to extragear. If we do before, then when
> creating the rules for the extragear module we would need to track
> their history in kdeplasma-addons (which would mean more work :P).
> IMHO we first move kdeplasma-addons and then move what needs to be
> moved :)

+1

Cheers,
Marco Martin