activitymanager api

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:13:54 CEST 2010

[crap, I suck at reply-to...]
On October 6, 2010 21:57:57 you wrote:
> On 6 October 2010 21:40, Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> > summary for people who are not ivan:
> > we were talking off-list about needed additions to activitymanager kded,
> > to support the shiny fun session stuff.
> >
> > the new API that's already agreed on (modulo naming conventions) is:
> >  void requestCloseActivity(id);
> >  QStringList openActivities();
> >  QStringList closedActivities();
>
> At least in the service, I went for ListActivities(Status)
>
> >  activityClosed(id);
> >  activityCloseCancelled(id);
>
> What about having one method with a bool?

neh, it'd be awkward api. activityClosedOrCancelled()? yuck.
plus, everyone but plasma will be ignoring the cancel signal.

> > I think that's overkill: we will never have >1 activity in a transition
> > state.
>
> Not necessarily, maybe someone goes on a stopping rampage :D

no, it's quite literally impossible. ksmserver won't do it.
unless you want to implement a queue for activities to sit in and wait for
ksmserver to handle them... but that'd be overcomplicating things imho.

> > hrm. this means we will need an activityOpened(id) too, to signal that
> > ksmserver has finished opening it and is ready to accept orders again ;)
>
> Again, in the service, there are stopped / started signals, as well as
> statusChanged (or smth similar).

ok..

--
Chani