Review Request: Add city and country resolution to GPS geolocation data using geonames.

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:14:53 CEST 2010

On Monday 04 October 2010 20:31:36 John Layt wrote:
> On Saturday 25 September 2010 19:44:09 you wrote:
> > On Saturday, September 25, 2010, you wrote:
> > > However, we really need to sort
> > > out geolocation services for KDE as a whole, re-inventing everything
> > > that Geoclue and Marble have already figured out is not the best use
> > > of resources.

> > until someone does the research and finds a good solutions, however, we
> > ought to continue to try to keep the geolocation engine at least
> > moderately useful.

> Damn, wish I'd been organised enough to call a geolocation bof at Akademy,
> we had everyone we needed there.

I've found out the Marble guys are having a sprint in November, so I've scored
an invite to discuss a number of things including geolocation services and
other map related stuff for kdelibs/kdepimlibs/kdebase.  If anyone has
thoughts on the matter drop me a line.  I'll do some more research over the
next couple of weeks and post to k-c-d for discuassion before the sprint.

Cheers!

John.