The KWin Coding Style Situation

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 23:25:42 CET 2010

On Monday 29 November 2010 17:09:35 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> Am Montag 29 November 2010, 17:57:45 schrieb Fredrik Höglund:
> > I'm pretty sure Aaron meant annotate when he said bisect.
>
> Yes that would indeed be a problem.
> I have no clue if there would be a way around this without inflicting more
> work  on the people using these commands.

I wouldn't even bother with that. The fact that some of the annotate lines
still list kde oldheads like ettrich doesn't mean that it's in any way useful,
it's not like anyone would email them and ask what does the code that they
touched 10 years ago does now. And if someone wants to look at the annotate
before the indent they can easily do "git blame INDENT_TAG~1 file.cpp" which
will show them the blame from before the indent (assuming the INDENT_TAG is
either the sha1 of the indent commit or the associated with it tag).
I'd just
find . -name "*.h" -o -name "*.cpp"|xargs astyle -A4 -s4 -H -U
over the entire thing and be done with it =)