JavaScript Widget: nativeWidget for LineEdit

Thomas nethad at gmx.net
Mon Nov 29 15:11:57 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailing list, sebas told me to post my issue to this list, so here it is :)

I'm writing a js widget to send texts (over the internet) to mobile devices. (I've done this already in ruby and I'm now porting to javascript, because I had some issues with the ruby plasma API)
For this I import contacts from the kde address book (which works) and I'm now trying to display the user matches while she types in the name of her contact in a LineEdit.
In my ruby widget on LineEdit text changes, I called:

@input_number.nativeWidget().setCompletedItems(matches, true)

I tried to do the same in JavaScript and ended up with:

QMetaProperty::read: Unable to handle unregistered datatype 'KLineEdit*' for property 'Plasma::LineEdit::nativeWidget'

In the #plasma channel I was told that this is not supported, which is why I'm writing this.

Do you have any suggestions on how to achieve autocompletion for LineEdits?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas