The KWin Coding Style Situation

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 00:09:19 CET 2010

On Sunday, November 28, 2010, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> 1. Follow the rules from Plasma concerning coding style (and all other
> development matters - reviews, git, mergin...)

i forgot to make this explicit in my earlier email, but it's worth saying imo:

to me this means that when we make decisions regarding development process,
that both plasma and kwin people are involved in the discussion and that  we
arrive at consensus together.

imho, it can't work as "plasma people[1] decide, kwin gets to follow along".
to me this is really about working together as a more coordinated "meta
project". see this happening more and more in practice (such as the google
code-in studen the other day on irc who ended up working on kwin effect things
to get the desired effect in plasma dashboard), so it's really not anything
really all that new.

i am very happy and excited to see us finding ways to mesh our gears better,
though. :)

[1] there's overlap between plasma and kwin contributors as it is, so that
distinction is even a bit artificial :)

humru othro a kohnu se