The KWin Coding Style Situation

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:15:42 CET 2010

Hummm... but /I/ _really_ *like* the style as it is now!!!

... </sarcasm>

As for the transition, i guess it mostly depends on automated fixing
reliability (i ran that once in kdevelop years ago and _never_ tried it again,
but i guess the tools have meanwhile improved ;-)

Otherwise (ie if automated conversion still implicitly means that you'll have
to step after gcc to fix a thousand bugs) i'd say that this isn't a beauty
contest, we just want to get things usable, so it's not required to update
code that's never been or will be touched in years and whenever you actually
do some there, you just "fix" the surrounding function "by the way".

Bisecting (if used at all) is probably not a (longterm) issue, as it's
typically done between recent versions anyway (so only a small period where
"recent" shifts across the merge would potentially harm at all)

Cheers & thanksalot =D
Thomas