Plasma themes set in kdeartwork

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Nov 26 22:32:46 CET 2010

Hi all,

Since the first version of theme-enabled Plasma desktop, we have been stuck with the same set of themes (if you recall, we had a contest and the winners
were included in kdeartwork module)

Only Aya, Slim-Glow and Clear-Blend themes were being modified after that* (some less and some more).

So, we currently have a few unmaintained ones which could be replaced with the popular themes from kde-look. I'm not gonna propose any speciffic ones at
the moment, but you should check them out (I suggest sorting them by rating while browsing).

Concerning the unmaintained ones:

One option would be to delete them like we do with the wallpapers.

Aaron's stance some time ago was that we shouldn't remove them because it would mean problems for users of those themes. So, the second option here
would be to move them to unmaintained section or something. (just like we do for applications)

Cheerio,
Ivan

* Just as a side-note, Clear-Blend was introduced later - it wasn't in the initial set of themes.

--
I don't really trust a sane person.
  -- Lyle Alzado