Location dataengine is broken

Vitor Boschi vitorboschi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:07:45 CET 2010

They answered my question, and the only problem is that now their API
implements a rate limit.
Quoting their website[1]:

We do not have a specific daily limit but queries that are at a rate faster
than 2 per second will be put in "queue". If you stay below 2 queries/second
everything will be normal. If you go over the limit, you will still get an
answer *for all queries* but they will be slowed down to about 1 per second.

So I need answers for the following questions before fixing it:
1. Is that rate limit acceptable for the data engine? If it is not, we must
look for another provider, but sadly I couldn't find anything usable (with a
free XML API)  yet.
2. If so, who should get the api key? The e.v., the data engine maintainer,
me? They only request for name, email address and website(optional).

Vitor

[1] http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_location_api.php