irc meeting on the 22nd: git workflow, git and kdebase-workspace

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Tue Nov 23 18:39:06 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 18:14:40 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 23, 2010, Artur de Souza wrote:
> > Quoting "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > > b) plans for kdebase-workspace moving to git (explaining why i've CC'd
> > > kwin dev list)
> >
> > Just some follow up: it seems that KO is going to sponsor somebody
> > (most likely eean) to convert kdelibs and kdebase to git. Regarindg
>
> i'll see if i can invite one of them to join us in that case.
>
> > kdebase, I'm not sure what the plans are: one git for kdebase or split
> > into kdebase-runtime, kdebase-workspace, kdebase-apps. The only
>
> personally, i'd like to see 3 repos. it might make life less enjoyable for
> those building the software (kdesrc-build to the rescue?) or packaging it,
> but they are really 3 different subdivisions and we've had our moments of
> struggle to ensure build deps between them don't creep in, etc.
For packagers it doesn't matter as they already split to seperate packages, or
has anyone seen a kdebase package ;-)
+1 from my side for split packages

> but we can discuss this more tomorrow at the meeting.
agreed, so sorry for the mail :-P

> > > c) the workflow we'd like to adopt within the plasma community now that
> > > we have git
> >
> > This is going to be nice and I expect that the workflow will improve
>
> i hope so :)
that's a point where I would like to incorporate kwin as much as possible. We
are just one product and should have one common set of rules for the desktop
shell and window manager (and yes that means changing the coding style in
kwin, too)