[kde-promo] start of elevator pitch for plasma on devices

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 19 11:05:45 CET 2010

On Friday, November 19, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> another thing i would like to add, maybe as a separate page is a set
> of counterpoints on the most common objections i heard, like
> why not using just qml a big case of platform vs  primitive ui toolset
> why what various kde ieces offers is not all hoverhead (i've heard
> many people screaming about duplication of stuff that we offer. is not
> as much as it seems i think)

as you hear these, please add these questions and objections to the bottom of
the page under the misc notes section. i'll try to work through them as i can,
unless someone beats me to it of course.

i'll still work on the opening arguments for a bit, but then we definitely do
need to have answers for the common / innevitable follow up questions that
occur.

> will look at it, however help of somebody not too tied on the
> implementation details would be helpful :D

yep; which is why we have the promo people on the thread. already getting some
good feedback from them :)

humru othro a kohnu se