start of elevator pitch for plasma on devices

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 18 21:50:59 CET 2010

hi everyone ..

following up on the results of the MeeGo conference, it reinforced the need
for some shared "elevator pitch" materials for Plasma when it comes to
devices. i took a first run at it today, which you can find here:

http://community.kde.org/Promo/Strategy/Plasma#Why_use_Plasma_when_creating_a_consumer_device.3F

it is still too verbose and probably contains lots of assumptions on my part
which i am unable to identify due to my proximity to the subject matter.

it is still just a first draft, but i'm unable to push it further today.
there's a fairly strong limit to the length of time that i can productively
poke and prod at a draft in a single sitting ... after which i end up making
more useless edits than useful ones. ;) so i'll come back to it in the days to
come after i've been away from it for a bit.

however, i'd like input even at this early stage. particularly:

* what is there but irrelevant (and should therefore be cut)

* what isn't there but relevant (and should therefore be added)

* what is not clear (and should therefore be reworded)

in general, the smaller we can get it, the better it will be. hopefully it
will end up concise enough for people presenting Plasma in the context of
consumer electronics will be able to use spout something close to it from
memory to great effect. that's the goal, anyways. it's not there yet.

help me, obiwan kenobi.

humru othro a kohnu se