4.5 polishment: krunner (under_the_hood)

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Mon May 31 22:21:08 CEST 2010

Am Montag 31 Mai 2010, 20:24:24 schrieb Ivan Čukić:
> On Monday, 31. May 2010. Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On May 30, 2010, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> > > Anyway, there are some problems to implement it in the krunner-core
> > > (which unfortunately is in kdelibs afaik)...
> > >
> > > So, I split out a library for usage with statistics at Tokamak already,
> > > which we could use here, but it a) depends on Nepomuk and b) is needed
> > > inside krunner-core... means it would need to go to kdelibs...
> >
> > yes, this is too late for 4.5, but as Ivan noted we can make this happen
> > in 4.6.
> >
> > as for putting this into libplasma, that shouldn't be a problem.
> > Plasma::RunnerManager does all the gathering and running of matches, so
> > all the code can be put into RunnerManager without any API additions
> > (unless we want to allow the application to configure how this works,
> > but that should only require some binary compatible setters/getters).
> >
> > if we want this to be available to other components (e.g. application
> > launch interfaces such as lancelot and kickoff), then we'd have to export
> > the API of AppStats ... but i don't think that really belongs in
>
> We don't really need API in this case - we can just make ontology (trig
> file) available so that any application that wants to can use it.
Well we need if we want to have the applications ranked/get a useful score...

AppStats::score() does some final calculations based on the last launched
date...

> > libplasma; that's more like KRecentDocument and perhaps belongs more in
> > kfile or kdeui along with similar classes.
>
> One thing I'd like is to have is not to limit the statistics to
> applications only, but to any resource (I'm aiming mostly at documents) so
> that we have a single way of handling recent apps and recent docs (both
> globally and per application).
>
> And, that way,  KRecentDocument could really benefit from this.
Yes...

I could make it like: StatsLib::launched(Nepomuk::Resource)... and then search
for the Statistic of the corresponding Resource... (you can take
ndo:DownloadEvent as an example...)

Lukas