Panel icon sizing bug in 4.4

Mike Kasick mkasick at club.cc.cmu.edu
Tue May 25 06:10:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:56:53AM +0200, Marco Martin wrote:

> What should be modified i think is the size hint of the Icon applet, in
> workspace, that is explicitly used here
> and should have a sizehint of Panel in vertical/horizontal formfactors and
> Desktop in Planar

OK.  Attached is a patch against KDE 4.5 trunk, which I've compiled and
tested.

It does two things, (i) reenable the setting of the Panel icon size (the
kcm_icons patch I've submitted previously), and (ii) add sizeHint methods
to MenuLauncherApplet (the simple/old-style kickoff), IconApplet, and
PopupApplet--the last with the intention of fixing LauncherApplet (the
new-style kickoff) and any other popup-based applets that use an icon when
in "small form".

Seems to do the trick on my end.  Your thoughts?