Fwd: Auto-discard notification

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon May 24 02:14:02 CEST 2010

On May 23, 2010 13:59:03 Marco Martin wrote:
> this has been automatically discarded, but was legit, so forwarding here

please forward inline instead of encapsulated; kmail can't quote that message.
makes it a bit of a PITA to reply to this.

anyways..
1) yeah, that bugs me too. it's slightly less weird than having the popup float
out in nowhere without the panel, but I do wonder if there's a way to
magically tie the popup position to the panel's position/state.

2)same again - but I bet it would drive me *nuts* if everything slid up when
my mouse moved onto the calendar.

3) yes, we've needed a proper presentation mode in kde for ages, it was
discussed at.. akademy 08 I think? but afaik nobody implemented it. patches
welcome.

4) file a bug with kwin (but please *please* check for duplicates first!)

5) sounds like Yet Another Struts Problem. probably closed as upstream.
(*cough*bko*cough*)

6) *reassigns to project kwin*

7) never seen it; hard to fix bugs that can't be reproduced.

8) race condition between the two results. wait half a second before hitting
enter.

9) no clue what NDAS is, but the device notifier is for recently plugged in
devices, not stuff that's mounted on boot. if NDAS is something you plug in
like usb sticks or SD cards, file a bug on http://bugs.kde.org

10) the mouse was also "different from everything else", long long ago.

11) you're using focus-follows-mouse. iirc this was already closed WONTFIX.
put a longer delay on your focus-follows-mouse setting (I remember things like
the cookie dialog had this problem in kde3; delayed focus changes help a lot)

12) when you can reproduce, file a bug on http://bugs.kde.org

13) file bugs against the weather applet.

14) meh :P it could be improved, but I have other priorities right now, and I
don't see anybody else - besides notmart and aaron, who are even busier -
trying to fix it. :(

this mailing list is neither a bug database nor a user support forum; please
take the bugs to http://bugs.kde.org next time (I hear we have a shiny new
wizard to try out!) and remember to check for duplicates :)

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com