Panel icon sizing bug in 4.4

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun May 23 20:02:33 CEST 2010

On May 23, 2010 10:27:26 Rhapsody wrote:
> On 23/05/10 18:08, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > As far as I know, it is intentional, that is, it is not a bug.
> >
> > From my point of view, this is something that we can make configurable
> > (there already is a configuration page in system settings>  application
> > appearance> icons>  advanced, *but the size setting is disabled*)
>
> My exact response to the highlighted part was to scream "What?!? You
> WHAT?!?". I went to check this and found that is it true. There is a
> setting there, it is set to 32 pixels, and unlike the other categories
> (Desktop, Toolbar, Main Toolbar, etc) is is explicitly disabled.
>
> Why would you do that? Why would you set an arbitrary size limit and
> then explicitly disable the option to change it, while still leaving it
> there to mock the user? What reason was there?

sounds like a bug to me.
and if it's a bug, it can be fixed (and might even be a trivial fix).

it's probably worth checking whether there was a reason, though. Ivan, since
you've already found the config option, do you know who put it there (or, who
disabled it)?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com