Panel icon sizing bug in 4.4

Rhapsody lillymon at lavabit.com
Sun May 23 19:27:26 CEST 2010

On 23/05/10 18:08, Ivan Čukić wrote:

> As far as I know, it is intentional, that is, it is not a bug.
>
> From my point of view, this is something that we can make configurable (there
> already is a configuration page in system settings>  application appearance>
> icons>  advanced, *but the size setting is disabled*)

My exact response to the highlighted part was to scream "What?!? You
WHAT?!?". I went to check this and found that is it true. There is a
setting there, it is set to 32 pixels, and unlike the other categories
(Desktop, Toolbar, Main Toolbar, etc) is is explicitly disabled.

Why would you do that? Why would you set an arbitrary size limit and
then explicitly disable the option to change it, while still leaving it
there to mock the user? What reason was there?

> This, however, can't be done in 4.5 since we are in the feature freeze.

Which means it's going to be (to my mind) broken for at least another
nine months. Joy.

> For the time being, the 'cap' could be changed if the rest of the ppl here
> agree.

Is this going to be an especially complicated thing if it does get
fixed/changed (take your pick)? My question about is quite genuine, I
don't see why the option was disabled in the first place, and I
certainly can't see how enabling it would be a major and disruptive change.