Pager Configuration Dialog

Ignat Semenov ragnarokk91 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 12:22:26 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to improve the Pager Configuration Dialog. Actually,
it's not the only one that should be improved IMHO, but well, that's a
different story, now I'm fighting the Pager plasmoid. So far so good. I've
decided to do this :

- Change radiobuttons to comboboxes, as any other config dialog in KDE
uses that if there are three o more options available, and I remember some
article about that on the Planet.

- Lay the buttons out nicely

- Use a QFormLayout (do it right TM)

- Center the button, one more layout

-  Use a top-level layout : as the dialog is resizable, if the user resize
it, it's not going to look so nice, so a layout is needed.

But there is a problem. It uses KConfigDialog, and passes a widget that is
created from the .ui file. It appears that setupUi() doesn't honor any
top-level layouts, so to create one, you must do it by hand! In code, I
mean. Finally, I get this when I try to build the configuration dialog
with the new .ui file:

http://imagebin.ca/view/Fh1QOPS.html

The .ui file is attached, as well as a patch for the source files
(radiobuttons -> comboboxes) and the .ui file (in case you prefer a patch).

Now the question is this:

1) What's that bad clipping

2) What should I do about the top-level layout (kinda the same question)

In the meantime I'm going to fight the other ones.

Looking forward to your answer

Regards,

Ignat